How to configure Status Hero SSO with PingIdentity
Note: SSO/SAML is available in our Premium or Enterprise plans.
Setup and Configuration
To setup your Status Hero account with SSO/SAML and PingIdentity, you'll need to take the following steps. Right now there is still a manual step on our end, so we'll need the metadata URL from the last step, along with a heads-up that you would like to enable SSO/SAML for your account.
Once we confirm that everything works, we'll disable password authentication and magic link sign-in capability completely for your account.
Here are the steps:
Sign in to your PingIdentity account and visit the Applications section.
Select the "+" icon to add a new application
Name the application "Status Hero" and select "SAML application" and then "Configure"
4. On the SAML Configuration step, select "Manually Enter"
5. For the ACS URLs, use https://statushero.com/saml/consume
6. For the Entity ID, use https://statushero.com/saml/metadata
6. Hit "save"
7. In the "Attribute Mappings" section, select "Email Address" from the PingeOne drop-down.
8. Enable the application by toggling it on in the top-right corner
9. Under "Configuration", copy the "IDP Metadata URL" and send it to us (help chat or email@example.com)
9. After you have yourself or other users provisioned, and we've installed the Metadata URL for your account, we can begin testing.